Monday, May 22, 2017

Finally Can Be Male!!!

I finally get (again) a Bornean parake of males! It was great. Not wanting to repeat the previous experience, have two males and die.

This time, manly for a few days I put in a small cage until he got used to the new atmosphere. While the females are already there, I leave them in a bigger cage all by myself.

This manly betet I bought from someone on February 24, 2015. So, not from the wild. That is, this parquet has been long enough to get close to humans.

From the seller I got the information, this parquet used to eat corn and chicken voer. I will continue to give this feed first. Afterwards I will develop variations of feed such as my previous parrets, with sugar cane, milet, banana, papaya, and fruit straw every once in a while. (About the fruit of the simpur I will discuss in a separate post).

This charcoal is able-bodied. Her legs are no longer light green. But it is starting to color tends to tanned, though still a bit faint. Meaning that he is getting older.

The red color flashes in his cheeks curled up to the back of his head. The upper half was also flushed like boiled shrimp. The black "beard" part of his "beard", and the top head of the bright green. The fur in his stomach is light yellowish green.

The perfect fur! Its tail is about 20 centimeters long. The man my son called Joel called me while I was in a small cage.

Why small cages? To make it easier to observe the next few days. First, judge the level of dissonance. Because it has been maintained first hand, this parake is relatively quiet.

While this seems timid. But it does not make him fly hitting the wall of the cage. This is a sign he is not just coming from the wild. It would be easier to take care of her.

Second, for feed control. Being newly adopted, I have to really recognize what kind of feed they can consume. I plan to provide several types of feed at once, to see which one to choose: milet, corn, and banana.

The next day, the cage floor can be checked to monitor the dirt. From there it can be judged, what feed touched, or not touched at all.

Third, to minimize the stress level. New atmosphere can be a trigger factor stess, especially if directly mixed with females. Prior to this, I often witnessed my parrots being directly combined in one large cage, often attack-attack. As a result, a frightened parrot must wait for his "opponent" to finish eating, then he can eat as well.

This time I have to be more careful. Hopefully it works.


EmoticonEmoticon